Explore The Fun And Beauty Of The ‘Sapphire Princess’ Cruise Ship Of Princess Cruise Lines!
Sapphire Princess: The Ship
Deciding which cruise ship to book passage on is a difficult choice to make. All of the cruise vacation brochures, pamphlets, and websites are meant to dazzle and sell a particular cruise line or cruise ship. With mountains of information, all of it favorable, it can be quite a challenge to find the cruise ship that’s right for you.
Providing luxury accommodations and premium amenities is nothing new to the Princess Cruise Lines. In fact, just one of their ships, the Sapphire Princess, pampers its guests with more than 740 balconied staterooms, fine dining, personal services, and choice entertainment. Considered to be a jewel on the high seas, the Sapphire Princess is a cruise ship of unparalleled beauty, elegance, and dignity.
While Princess Cruise Lines has many seemingly similar ships to choose from, each ship provides a unique cruise experience. For the purpose of this article, we will focus on the Sapphire Princess and the amenities and services that she offers. It is hoped that a better understanding of each cruise ship available on the Princess Cruise Lines will help you narrow down your search for the right vessel.
Amenities of the Sapphire Princess
Since you can find comfortable accommodations to suit your needs aboard any cruise ship, you might agree that it is the amenities available and services offered aboard the different ships that really set them apart from each other. Here is a brief overview of just some of the many amenities that you will find aboard the Sapphire Princess:
Dining – Dining is an integral part of any cruise experience. There are several dining options ranging from traditional dining facilities to casual eateries. At each of the establishments onboard the Sapphire, the chefs are creative and strive to offer different menu selections daily. You can choose to partake of a traditional meal served at the same time each day in the International Dining Room; choose from one of the four eateries offering meals round-the-clock; make reservations at one of the specialty restaurants; or choose to grab a snack from the food court or one of the many snack bars.
Entertainment – And you don’t ever have to worry about getting bored on the Sapphire Princess. Theater productions, lounge acts, movies, and casino gambling are just some of the free activities offered that will keep you hopping. The ship features one theater where Broadway quality productions are performed; four hot spots including a casino and three nightclubs; and four lounges.
Activities – Activities aboard are both varied and age appropriate. There are four pools and several hot tubs; a splash pool for the little ones; a fitness area complete with gym; a swim against the current lap pool; a putting course; golf simulators; a jogging track; art exhibits, galleries, and auctions; classes and seminars; and a library. You can also take advantage of duty-free shopping in one of the many boutiques aboard including Lladro, Swarovski, Calvin Klein, Lancome, Estee Lauder, and Clinique among others. There are also three age-appropriate zones where your young ones can swim, play video games, watch movies, do arts and crafts, and participate in various planned activities.
The Sapphire Princess also offers many extras that will make your time aboard ship the pampered experience of a lifetime that you expect. Whether you’re enjoying a massage or spa treatment from the spa and health center or getting your hair done at the salon you will always be able to find that something extra to make your cruise truly memorable.
Two other great features of this cruise ship are the wedding chapel and internet café. In the Hearts and Minds wedding chapel passengers can be married by the ship’s captain in one of the few at-sea wedding programs offered by cruise lines. And you never have to worry about being out of touch with the rest of the world; the Sapphire Princess’ internet lounge is one of the largest to be found at sea with 29 stations.
Staterooms of the Sapphire Princess
Your stateroom selection can be one of the most important decisions you make when booking your cruise. There are many different room selections that you can make including a grand suite with balcony, a suite with balcony, a family suite, a mini-suite, an oceanview double with balcony, or one of the interior staterooms. Here is a brief overview of each of the room options aboard the Sapphire Princess:
1. The Grand Suite with Balcony is the largest room that you can book aboard this particular ship. Taking up an amazing 1,330 square feet, this room is complete with all of the necessities plus some luxurious extras including a dining area, a whirlpool tub, a walk-in closet, and a wet bar.
2. The Suite with Balcony is half the size of the Grand Suite and measures anywhere from 525 to 706 square feet. Although it not as large as the Grand Suite, the balcony of this suite is quite large. There is also a separate tub and shower, a walk-in closet, a separate sitting area, and a wet bar.
3. The Family Suite is actually two staterooms that are connected by a common living room. This suite can sleep up to six people and has a private balcony.
4. The Mini-suite is only 334 square feet, but it comes with a lot of extras including a separate sitting area, a walk-in closet, and a separate tub and shower.
5. The Oceanview Double with Balcony ranges anywhere from 237 to 307 square feet and features two twin beds that can be pushed together to create a queen size bed. While there is a spacious closet in this room there is no bathtub so you will have to make do with showers.
6. Interior Staterooms are less than 200 square feet and are similar to the Oceanview Double except that they have no view, window, or porthole. These are the least expensive rooms on the ship.
With all of these things to consider, it can be quite a challenge to find the perfect ship and stateroom for your cruise. Remember to choose the amenities that are most important to you and then factor in the cost before making your final selection.